Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Custom Battle System

Hi! I'm Malick...which I'm sure you're all aware...>_< anyway, I'm making a game called A Wayward Dream and I was originally going to make it use the default battle system and I've recently decided to use a different one. Basically I need a battle system.

http://img483.imageshack.us/img483/1288/conceptzp9.png[/img]

Okay the turn bar is basically like FFX's CTB bar which shows the turn order of the battle.

it's basically similar to Lufia 2's battle system but with a one difference. There's no IP skills. The character stays static while waiting for it's turn. When it attacks it makes a sword slash animation while staying on the spot the same for skills and it does a victory animation.

So could anyone help with this?

The XRXS v65 battlesystem has an option for a battlebar like the one you have in the pic, save for placement. It uses assignable ICONS in the battlebar so you can make li'l pics of your battler faces in the graph if you want. A demo copy is available in my Animated Battlers topic.

The bar shows on the 'left' side in the script. A little repositioning would be needed if you want it on the right.

Dunno 'bout the battlers... what you want... so I won't say a word.

Battlestatus window at the bottom... looks like a little custom work needed. Especially if XRXS's battlesystem 'has' a custom battlestatusscript. Three heroes or four... top down or left to right listings... n extra stuff.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.