Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Custom Battle Report

Hi, I was looking for a cool battle report for the Minkoffs animated battlers, and found none. So I thought of a custom one. I really hope someone can script this, as it shouldn't be very hard, for all of you Pros out there ^_^

I think this could be quite useful for other people too.

Here is what I would like:

The report window enlarged, so there would be 3 things in a row, below each other.

-Exp gained [Icon]
-Gold found [Icon]
-Items found [Icon]
-Battle Lenght [Icon] [if possible. this would display, how long was the battle (0 min 12 sec - for example)]

[Icon] - So I could just insert a custom Icon after the gold, exp etc.. :)

Nothing really custom about this, yet.
But I would really like if the gold and exp would have a "counting" like look, so they would increase 1 by 1, just really fast, or customize-able speed. I hope this isn't confusing :p
And same with the items. When you gained multiple items, they will appear in about 2 second pauses or so, after each other. Then the battle lenght, also being counted - fast.
And they shouldn't be counted all at the same time, but 1 by 1.
First Exp, then gold, then items, then battle lenght.

I would really like to see this done. Of course, Will also get credited.

Additional notes.
- Non SDK if possible, trying to keep this project non SDK.
- And don't forget. For Minkoffs Animated Battlers.

Huge thanks! ^_^

Actually, DerVVulfman has added a Battle Report to his demo. It's Final Fantasy style by Raziel. However, it doesn't have the Time within battle that you requested. Just download the demo from here, and copy the Battle Report and Patch into your scripts:http://www.rmxp.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5853. This may not be exactly what you're looking for, but perhaps you can edit what you'd like changed. But, it's a start.

Yeah, it isn't quite what I'm looking for.
I guess I can handle the windows stuff by myself, but I don't know how to do the 'Counting' Part and the 'Battle Lenght'
And the counting thing is the most important thing I want in the script :)
I'm a real newb at scripting, that's why I'm requesting someone to do it.
But thanks.

Still hoping that someone will take this request, please.

Mac

You would have to put something like this in the script...and then get the window to display the variable in the window and after doing so reset it.

Put this in def_initialise
Code:
$battlecount == 0

And put this under def update
Code:
def update
    $battlecount = ($battlecount + 1)
end

And then display it by doing something like this in the Window:-

Code:
self.contents.draw_text(0, 0, 120, 30, $battlecount.to_s, 2)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.