Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.
Crystalshire

Crystalshire v1.5.5

Hey this is pretty cool man. The minor lag can be annoying, buts is not terrible. Also I understand that the lag issue cant be helped at this point. What did you use to make this anyways? I've always wanted to make a mmorpg, or even work on one.

WeaponOD":1a4eln84 said:
Hey this is pretty cool man. The minor lag can be annoying, buts is not terrible. Also I understand that the lag issue cant be helped at this point. What did you use to make this anyways? I've always wanted to make a mmorpg, or even work on one.

My own engine.

Link.

Lag is there simply because I'm hosting it on my home computer in the UK. Anyone outside of Europe is going to experience some bad latency.

Version 1.2.5 is out!

tY170.png

Patch Notes v1.2.5:
• All textures converted to POT ('scept anims).
• Modified the GUI to be more practical.
• Added item information to item description.
• Added spell information to spell description.
• Added a little shadow to the game screen.
• Alerts will now simply reset to the menu instead of closing down the entire game.
• Shops now show how much they'll buy/sell items for on hover.
• Removed buy/sell buttons in shops.

Jason

Awesome Bro

Just wondering, but is there a way, or could you make a way, for us to:

- Have more than one character per login
- Choose the appearence of our character as we make them, I was playing the other day, and all three of us in the party, warriors, were the dude with green hair, could we maybe see some customisation, even if it's just changing the entire sprite, sometime in the future?
- How about visual equipment while we're walking around or something? Maybe just for the weapon or something, I don't know.

I love what you've done, after I got past the inital bad install by reinstalling it from scratch, it worked fine, and it's a pretty cool game that's just lacking in the content department, granted you did put it together very quickly so that's forgivable, I'd just love to see something like this evolve into something much bigger.

By the way, have you had a stress test yet to see how many players it can hold? Is there a cap or something?

Jbrist":3cwc9ffi said:
- Have more than one character per login

Creates too many complications in the server, I'm afraid.

- Choose the appearence of our character as we make them, I was playing the other day, and all three of us in the party, warriors, were the dude with green hair, could we maybe see some customisation, even if it's just changing the entire sprite, sometime in the future?

I already have a graphics artist on the team who's working towards making the characters 100% customisable and paperdolled.

- How about visual equipment while we're walking around or something? Maybe just for the weapon or something, I don't know.

See above.

I love what you've done, after I got past the inital bad install by reinstalling it from scratch, it worked fine, and it's a pretty cool game that's just lacking in the content department, granted you did put it together very quickly so that's forgivable, I'd just love to see something like this evolve into something much bigger.

By the way, have you had a stress test yet to see how many players it can hold? Is there a cap or something?

Thanks. Yeah, content is slow but that's mainly because I'm having to do everything. Right now programming the engine is taking priority over everything else. I've brought a couple of good friends on to the project. I've worked with them on some projects in the past and I trust them to develop good content. In fact, Anna has just finished mapping off the first town!

Managed to log in without having any text...
Now there isn't any interface aside from text!

I guess the program is that it's not loading the graphics, but looking in the folder it seems like it's all there.

Man, i've tried
I've slain
I've died (bloody imp :D)
I've leveled (to lvl4)
And i cant get past the bee....

Maybe i need to level more, or the exp gain is kinda steep...
I'm playing the wizard, and i've already added some stat points..

But it's very addictive and it looks nice ;D
So, keep it up and i can't wait for the next update :grin:

Version 1.3.1 is out.

Patch Notes v1.3.1:
• Inventory bound items now stay bound on logout.
• Party members now gain 3% more exp per member in the party.
• Bosses are now actually bosses. Not strong mobs.
• Boss guardians now die when a boss dies and cannot respawn till the boss does.
• PvP level restriction dropped to level 5.
• Can no longer attack or kill yourself.
• Can no longer attack party members.
• Fixed spell cooldown icons.
• Added "/maps" to client. This will destroy the map cache.

Version 1.3.3 is out later today! Lots of new features since I last updated this thread. :3

MQEYC.png

Patch Notes v1.3.3:
• Added NPC spell casting.
• Added chat bubbles.

Patch Notes v1.3.2:
• Level cap raised to 15.
• New areas.
• New equipment tiers.
• New skill tiers.
• New boss encounters.

Patch Notes v1.3.1 - Hotfixes 4:
• Agility's damage mitigation multiplier lessened.
• Defence calculations now use your AVERAGE equipment defence.
• Restricted stat point distribution to 2 points per stat per level.
• All account stats wiped and stat points refunded for re-spec.

Patch Notes v1.3.1 - Hotfixes 3:
• New damage formula.
• New defence formula.
• Added a potion which resets your stats.
• Fixed various rendering problems.

Patch Notes v1.3.1 - Hotfixes 2:
• Re-programmed graphics engine.
• Hopefully fixed remaining CTDs.
• ~25% FPS increase.
• Hopefully fixed the random lines some people experienced.

Patch Notes v1.3.1 - Hotfixes 1:
• Released level 8 spells.
• Prepped client for level 10 - 15 content.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.