Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Critique piano composition plz

Please critique this for me. Was going for a bit of a bipolar feel between happy and sad/archaic.
I am quite new to composing so please offer any tips you can. It's a bit noisy in the second quarter- this was deliberate, but could probably be better- I'm just not sure how.

http://zk.glitchkey.com/repo/glimmer.ogg

Song ends at 1:03, the rest is a loop intro.

Thanks, guys.

moog

Sponsor

there are alot of sour chords. it doesnt follow any type of style or rhythm and its hard to keep up with till the middle. the middle sounds remniscent of SF2's town theme. but its alot of randominity in the intro portion, and the rest is just chaotic runs of notes honestly. try to make a melody in the treble clef, then match it with some tonic and dominant notes in the bass. learn part writing too. if you do, there are so many differant ways to make nice harmonies.

What's SF2 stand for in this case? I'd like to hear it so I can get the reference there. Thanks for the critique, I was mainly focused on the rise and fall runs because, well, they seemed to be the most fun for me. The second half of the intro through the second quarter is a bit chaotic. I like the notes but I think I need to simplify it so that you can actually hear them better. I'll probably have another draft in a day or two. If anyone else has suggestions, please share them.

moog

Sponsor

shining force 2. and yeah, biggest problem is just a lack of dominant tones and a standard melody. get those down pact and youll be good

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.