Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Critique my intro

Hey guys. I thought I should get a little help from you guys on the first few pieces of dialogue in my game. It's kind of poetic, I guess. What I need help with is if you get the idea of what it's saying, if it actually makes SENSE! lol (because there are a few big words that even I don't know if it's worded properly.

Here's the intro:

For too long have my foolish actions invocated (invoked?) your sadistic evil.

Every second of your prolonged existence gradually dimmed the concept of hope.

It was me who brought you into this world, and only I can remove you from it.

No more will your reign inspire impurity.

You will be removed from existence…

…and I hope to keep it that way.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could tell me which parts I can improve on/make it sound more interesting.

Thanks!

for too long have my foolish actions roused your malicious intentions
As every second of your very existence gradually diminished the concept of hope
It was me who brought you into this world, and only I, can remove you from it. (comma = more suspenseful)
""
""
""

Putting a comma there doesn't make sense, though. A comma is used for separating independent clauses and the "only I" is part of the "can remove you" clause. That would break the flow of the sentence and sound too broken. /grammarnerd

If you want to add suspense there try something like "and only I...only I can remove you from it."

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.