Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Crazy idea for a game, looking for feedback

How do you guys feel about a game where the point is to.....wait for it....make a video game! ya crazy right? (prob been done before *sad face*)

here is how i see it working: the players starts at home and has to make a indie game that sells enough for them to get hired at a small game studio (kind of a tutorial if you will to game mechanics), the next goal is work their way up to a better company. Or here is my other idea, after they work to the small game studio they work their way up to owner and then have to make their company huge like Blizzard or EA.

Game play: I imagine this to be something like the sims, when you manage you character(s) skills and wants and needs to keep then happy and get promotions(only not as fake as the sims)

target: Im a pretty XNA programmer so id make it for Xbox Live indie market.

let me get some feedback saying im not crazy and ill type up more about my idea. If you think this is dumb let me know so i dont waste time better spent elsewhere. I just really like the game i see in my mind.

But that's an amazing game, I'd say go for it. It would be difficult to make it all work nicely, without little tricks to get into Blizzard right from the start, but I'd definitely want to play it.

I actually thought about making my own version... even though the guys over at Kairo Software something (aka creators of Game Dev Story) really put thought into it, it really misses the freedom I'd like to see. The game's graphics reminded me about Theme Hospital, which was similar in so many ways, and I thought that bringing a bit more infrastructure in would definately be interesting - especially from a point of view where it would teach aspiring game makers what they often overlook (costs for workstations, for example). There's also a lot of other points that would be awesome, such as an online interactivity mode where you'd actually compete against randomly chosen others. The advantage here is that it doesn't depend on other people playing - when someone decides to quit, everyone else can still go on - just as with real game companies. Of course, a few more choices regarding games, as well as a bit more effect of the attributes you set to the final result would be great. They did a great job with that game (and I mean REALLY great), but that doesn't men it's not improveable.

Well, I'm not gonna sit down and do it, but it could be one hell of an interesting game to work on.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.