Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Crafting System

Messia

Hello people. I am looking for a crafting system, where you can use items together to make new items, with recipes being able to contain more than two items as well. Also I would like visible skills for the crafting and a way of levelling it up. Thank you if anyone can help, if not I understand.

Before you want anyone to consider this, read this thread.
You're gonna have to put a ton more detail in your request, preferably mockup pictures to show how you want things to look, etc.

Beran":1h3oqxou said:
Before you want anyone to consider this, read this thread.
You're gonna have to put a ton more detail in your request, preferably mockup pictures to show how you want things to look, etc.

Although I agree that mockups are necessary for a system like this, I can also tell that this is supposed to be a MMO styled crafting system. In other words, with a skill that you can use to craft two or more items together, with a success rate determined by the level of the crafting skill. Also, it could possibly have multiple skills, each that has its own list of craftable items.

cairn":1h3oqxou said:
well, that's not really a hard thing, and its also doable with events, try to use some of the functions and see what you get.
Actually, I've worked with major event systems, and, although doable with events, a system like this could be done much more efficiently with scripting. Anyway, I might be able to help with this system if the author includes some mockups of what they want it to look like. (As well as a better description of how the crafting window will function)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.