Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Crafting Recipe Learning Modification

Im Trying to change a way in which a specific recipe in SephirothSpawn's Crafting System is learnt by adding two or more items together.

I like the way SephirothSpawn's Crafting System work's and its all good and fine, but i found that it might be more interesting for the player to try and figure out some recipe's themselves instead of getting the prepackaged recipe's. Only I have no idea how to do this...

Im trying the idea that a menu screen comes up and the player chooses to add a few items and maybe weapons and then presses the "TEST" button and if it is a possible combination then A Message comes up and they learn the recipe. Or if it isn't a possible combination, a message comes up saying there are no combinations for these items/weapons.

So far my only idea has been to try and modify SephirothSpawn's Storage Box System to try and include some type of testing to see whether it is a combination. But I couldn't work anything out that worked.

Maybe someone could please help me with modifying it or giving me a link to where i could find a similar script

It would help me a lot. Thank You.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.