Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Couple of Effects...

I dunno if this is the correct place to post this, but oh well... :dead: :dead:

Intro
Hello, many of you won't remember, in fact none will probably remember me, since I have been away for quite some time now, well I am back, and this I just want feedback on something I am working at.

I am currently working on the effect Engine for my Game, it starts on particle Engine and ends in light effects, all of then could be easily integrated in any project, they don't need the engine at all, this time I only want to get input from you guys, the project is VX but it can easily be ported to RMXP since it doesn't use any VX capabilities, I have written all the code from scracth, I have only used a Input Module, a Mouse module that I have custumized, although I don't take any credits for any of that!

What's your job? :P
So the point now is to tell me if this is running smoothly on your PC, in time this will be a full engine, and I want to know if i am going in the right way.

The Lens Flare is also a effect from my engine, the fires are there, tell me what you think of those too.

Screens

http://img261.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 053mv2.gif[/img]
version 0.1A

Download

V 0.1A
RMVX.rar

There is the Demo.

ToDo:
Particle System v 0.5:
-Add more Modifiers(
--Current ones: 
--Gravity,
-- Opacity,
--Scale,
--Force,
--Random Version of the Above

GUI SYSTEM Version is 0.9
-Add All the missing controlers
--Combo Box
--List Box
--TextBox
--Bars

Sugestions:
-Currently none

Now since I am  not liking the 200 views no comments, I will do like this, whoever gives most feedback on this will get a prize, let's say I am thinking of giving the SourceCode away, with the condition you will not post the script anywhere distribute it or anyother way, and ofcourse I would like credit for it if you use it.

I might release this after I am done with it(a lite version maybe,still needs thought, it will depend on YOUR input!), don't press F2 for the FPS since it causes a error with the mouse script.

Thanks for your time. :thumb:

I'm missing the RGSS202E.dll. Could you upload that please?

EDIT: thanks..but this demo uses the RMVX RTP, which i dont have, since i only have the rmvx trial version, but i'd forgotten that the whole rtp wasn't there. sry then.

Tdata

Sponsor

It looks good, but judging by the code cmplexity, I hope you make it a self-contained module...  I can see all sorts of ways someone might render it unusable.

It's inside my own module, and it's easy to use, once I am done with it I might release it for public, thanks for the comment =), any more effects I should add? xP

FileFactory is one sucking filehost... you might wanna consider box.net

That being said, let's see... you're not really showing much there, but what you show doesn't look any bad, especially as it seems to run fast. Now I have a QuadCore PC with 4GB RAM, so that's kind of a given... I'd like you to debug the Input module script you're using there, though, so I can check in the framerate... I also wonder what it is I'm looking at... Scene_Map, or a random empty scene just for showing purposes? And of course, what type of object those effects are, i.e. events, class instances, ...

Looks interesting though... it's always good to see new particle scripts being worked on, because I feel none of those which are out are quite sufficient. I'd like to look at the code as well, but I figure you encrypted it for a reason ;)

Keep up the good work.

hehehe, BlueScope it's been a while since I scripted, and right now it's just sprites you are seing, it could easily be changed to anypurpose you want :), also there are only 40 Sprites in the particle engine, so I think it shouldn't be a problem =), thanks for the input, and I might also show you the source code once I am done, who knows you might be able to script some emiters/modifiers for the particle engine, all those effects are made with emiter/modifiers here is a sample

btw it's just a random screen with sprites, this is for my engine, so I took all the scripts from the RMVX default thing =), I will be scripting my own.

Code:
module MouraSoft

class Fire < IParticleSystem
    #---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    # * Method
    def initialize(x,y,amount)
      super(x,y,amount)
      @emiter = CircleEmiter.new(x,y,1)
      @modifiers.push(OpacityModifier.new(255,0,60))
      @modifiers.push(ScaleModifier.new(1.5 ,5.0 ,1.5,5.0,100))
      @modifiers.push(RandomForceModifier.new(70,110,-2))
      @speed = 2
      @power = 1
    end
    # * Method
    def setLife(p)
      p.life = rand(80)
      p.decay = 1
    end
  end
end
that's the code for the Last particle you see in the down left corner :)

Looks great! Same specs as BlueScope, so yeah it runs just fine. Would love to see the FPS for it one day. :P
Wondering about the planned modifiers, I assume gravity is for things like the fire example, in terms of how far up the particle will go?

No, gravity atracts the particles for other points like a vortex of something =)
the distance is set by changing the life of the particle, so 100 means with last around 100 Frames.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.