Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

COMPOSERS UNITE!

moog

Sponsor

:rock: :D: COMPOSERS UNITE! :rock:

hey i had a great idea from along time ago, and I was wondering if anyone wanted to contribute

basically a bunch of us composers will come together to write arranged/remixed versions of each others songs. How will this work? Well, basically we all start by contributing one song and then we randomly select who's song we get. Once you get your person/song, start writing!

The main purpose is to see how others would see your song, or how they would interpret it. Your song may be classical, but the composer may make a dubstep version. It could be hip hop, and they could write it as a chip tune.

So, how many people would be interested in this? id say the song that you contribute please be under 2-3 minutes, so everyone has time to make something.

I don't actually have anything useful to add because I can't compose to save my life, but this sounds like a really cool idea, and I'd definitely listen to all the songs.

moog

Sponsor

Awesome brew! and peri you can contribute whatever youd like.

Come on guys, who else is up for this? Im thinking of putting this on rmvx, rrr and rmn for more people.

Putting it on other forums may be a good idea since we have so few composers here, but we can give it a few days and see who else pops out of the woodwork.

The only music I know how to do is piano. I am not very good and can only play with one hand, but I love tinkering with tunes on it and reimagining~ old tunes.

If you feel that is adequate participation, then I will enter.

moog

Sponsor

Of course! It isnt about musical skill, its about having fun and seeing how others interpret your work.

you could remix mary had a little lamb into electronica but at the end of the day its still mary had a little lamb, so simplistic themes are always welcome.

moog

Sponsor

Cool, ill add you to the list then!

there wont be any MAIN deadlines, ill just check in and when everyone seems about ready we can show our work or whatever. im not a stickler for deadlines

moog

Sponsor

Thanks Brew! I got it.

As for everyone, the sign up is:

1. moog
2. Spirit Master X
3. Brewmeister
4. Wyatt
5. minius
6. Adrientepes
7. Shadyone
8. Tomas
9. Shizu
10. danyo34

Tuesday will be the last day for signups. Also, please send me your song through PM ASAP. Thanks!

I'll sign up and see if I can get something done in time. Are MIDI files from music notation programs all right, or is there a specific file type for this?

moog

Sponsor

Everyone, please PM me your tracks you wish to be remixed ASAP! DONT POST THEM HERE!!!

So far I have ones from
Brew
Spirit Master X
Adrientepes

Come on everyone!! :)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.