Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Complicated Script requests/alterations

Marpy

Greetings, scriptwriters of RMXP.org. This probably hasn't been the first thing I've requested, and I doubt it will be the last. So let's skip formalities, and get right to business, eh?
Firstly, I would love an alteration of the DBS. I'm using Dragor's large party script, and it does what I want just fine, but it looks a little award in battles, not being able to see the HP and SP+ of the last two party members. What I'm looking for is a script that checks the number of party members, and adjusts the DBS depending on the number of party members. Four or less, it looks just fine. But when you have five or six (the max), it changes to something more like this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v389/Ryu_Tenshi/6-man.png[/img]
Now, I know the image has been poorly altered (I slapped it together last minute). Of course, the text would have to be slightly smaller then in the picture to fit, and it says the same actor's name twice. Just assume the second set of names is the last three actors (I got lazy).
My second request is an alteration of Lettuce's Stat Distribution System. Firstly, remove it from the status menu, and instead have it call up in battle, as soon as an actor gains a level, but before it shows new skills learned, like this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v389/Ryu_Tenshi/Stats.png[/img]
Now, of course there's some size errors from my copypasta, but I'm sure it's alterable. Now, I'm sure you noticed the fact that Attack and Defense are up at the top, with stats 'Strength' and 'Vitality' at the bottom. Why is that? Because I want them to be different stats. Why? Partly because I'm weird, and partly because I want a few new formulas to determine stats, (my third request). Is there a way to add Strength and Vitality as stats (I can assume they would just be variables?). Their purpose? Attack Power = Weapon Attack + (Strength/1). Defense = Armor Values + [(Agi/4[To show the character's ability to dodge])+(Vit/4[Showing the character's natural toughness]).
Of course, that isn't where the formulas end. HP and MP are now determined by formulas. HP = [Base (for my game, 250) x Level] + (Vit x Level)  and MP = [Base (for my game, 50) x Level] + (Intellect x Level).
Of course, for the stat distribution system, please keep a more full screen version, with face, name, level and stuff, that can be called. When a new character joins the party, the stat screen will open up, and players can adjust the new player's stats to their liking.
Request the 4th. Ammo, for both bow (arrow), and gun (bullets). This may get complicated, and I'm not sure if it's possible: once a character equips a bow, or gun, then it's registered as him or her 'dual wielding', but only if the second weapon is an arrow, or bullet. This way, the player can equip more then one type of arrow, that gives different properties (sleep, fire damage, +critical, etc). Also, an error message appears in battle if they try to shoot without having ammo equipped. But what happens then? I'll need a new battle command, 'Weapon', that allows a character to switch weapons in the middle of a battle. If the character can dual-wield, then the weapon menu will appear twice, once for the first weapon, then once for the other.
I'm sorry if all this seems complicated, and if anyone wants to do it, I understand it would take a lot of time, and effort. All I ask is that if you want to help me, just do the best you can, and take your time. There is no real rush.

Well, when I first saw this I thought "well, I could do the stat distribution thing," but with all the formula additions, I don't know how to add all those in. However, I could probably just get the look of the level up thing and get it ready for the formulas, either for battle or the fullscreen calling one. I wouldn't know how to do both in the same script. I already have an edited version of lettuce's stat dist in one of my projects, though the stat dist is removed, and it just serves as a nicer looking status screen.

-Psiclone

Marpy

Well, I appreciate it. I do believe somewhere in the RMXP default scripts there was a way to use such formulas. I moved, and had to leave my computer behind; currently on my boyfriend's, who only has RMVX, so I'm not 100% sure on this. Also.. does my defense formula make sense? I wasn't sure on making it agi based, or vit based... but if we can't get the formulas, none of it would make any difference, eh?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.