Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Common Event Button

This is probably insanely easy, so hopefully it will get replied to quick! *hint hint* lol
What would be quite cool is if a player pressed L (or what the game defines as the L button), for example, then say, common event 9 is run.
And then if they press R, then common event 10 is run.

The reason i'm asking, even though i did this succesfully with events, is that with the NeoABS SBABS add-on, it seems, If i parralell process is running, then it sort of mucks up the enemies, and gives them more health. Which obviously isn't good.

Plus, it'll be interesting to pick apart the script and try to see what makes it tick. :)

boon

Sponsor

Easy. In the map that you will allow the common event to be run, switch on the trigger switch for it.

Then, in the common event, make a conditional branch asking for the "L" key to be pressed. Paste the entire  common event into this conditional branch, then do A test run.

Example:

<> Conditional Branch: Key L pushed
    <> Message: Lol, Lol, Lol
    <>
Else Handler
    <>
End
<>

If the trigger switch is on, then it activates the common event, then press the L key and wahey!

If you still want it with scripts, I'm a bit blank on that.

I know. I already succesfully did quite a complicated event system, but it is the fact that I need it *without*parralel processes. That's why I posted it in script requests!!!
XD
thanks anyway
but the problem still stands...

boon

Sponsor

Okay, I'll try scripting something.

Although I can tell you:
Code:
if Input.trigger?(Input::L)
      $scene = Whatever Scene you want it to go to;
      return
    end

Will check for Input L, and then take you to the correct scene.

Try this for common events, I'm testing it at the moment:
Code:
if Input.trigger?(Input::L)
@common_event_id = Common Event ID here
return
end

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.