Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Combo based on time for ABS

pe7er

Script Request Template

Script Title:
Combo based on time for ABS
RMXP:
Detailed Description:
OK i have this ABS game completely with events. For now the Hero has 2 diffirent slashes(upperleft to lowerright "\" and upperrigth to lowerleft"/") and a stab with his sword. Those go at random now trough a variable. But what i would like is to make the hero's attack go from upperleft slash to upperright slash to stab
But thats easy... What i really want is to have some kind of timer after the first slash, and if you press the attack button again within time you will have your second slash (which i could make stronger then teh first) if you press within like one or two seconds. If not you will perform the first slash again. so you could have three types of hitting:
"\"slash, "/"slash, stab.
"\"slash, "/"slash.
or just the "\"slash.
i'dd like to have a delay after each of these combo's so that monsters can hit you. And make the complete combo be fast so the monsters cant hit you.

So i've tried some things myself without scripting...lol...and basicly what i did was contol timer to 3secs after pressing the attack button and stop the timer after pressing the next time..make a conditional branch if timer was 1sec or more you do the next slash, else the first one. I got it to work actually but there was a problem.. you had to either hold the attack button to complete the combo, or press at exactly the time when the timer shows 2 sec or 1 sec..plus the timer shows on screen...
if that timer could be like a bar which shows when to press the attack button again that would be cool!

Anyway, i use a variable to chose which kind of atatck the hero performs, and instead of randomness i want the variable to be depending on the time between pressing the button. It's like every hack and slash game actually. If if you attack you can get a combo, but when u stop in the middle of a combo and start attacking later, it will start teh combo all over again.

I don't know if this is even possible, but i didn't know it was possible to make ABS with scripting either :tongue:
Anyway, thanks.

Screen shots:
none
Other Scripts I am using (in order):
Simple HUD

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.