Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Combined PartyChanger, Leader Select, and Menu Edit.

Yes, i know, a long dead thread, but i have a question... someone, before our most recent data failure, fixed the error in the party changer script.
they fixed the error that came from using the "Manage reserve Party" feature. if someone could repost the fix, i'd make sweet love to them... well, i'd be really grateful.

Hey there, when a battle ends and the battle ending music plays I get an error saying:

Script 'Scene_Battle 2' line 200: NoMethodError occured.

undefined method '>' for nil:NilClass

it's at update_phase 5 where it says:
"if @phase5_wait_count > 0
@phase5_wait_count -= 1"
Any idea how to sort that out? Thanks!
Rich.

I got that too. I did it again without changing Scene_Battle 2. Start a new project and paste the default script over. It's working fine that way so far.

shyan

"ok, there are two blocks here that say replace this method... that means you find the original method, still in Game_Party, and replace them with the ones shown above. Then at the very bottom, above the last end, add in the three new methods."

alistor, i dont know what you mean by this. this is the first time ive ever touched the scripting in rmxp, so im not really sure what im doing...

Shyan, i'm working on a demo as we speak... it's tough, cause my internet is the worst ever and tends to vanish for days or even weeks at a time, and i don't want to post a demo and not be able to handle any questions that may arise.

Gimme a few days and i'll post one... k?

When I get rid of all party members except for one, then exit the menu, then try to reopen the menu, the game crashes and says:
Script 'Scene_Menu' line 37: ArgumentError occured.
wrong number of arguments(2 for 1)

i got the same thing and all i had to do was delete that line and a couple below it. seemed to work fine.

By the way anyone know how to make party start off with just one character? I'm using the script i found on this thread cuz it is the best one i found so far.

Oh, I love this script! Can I ask for something please?

I have a Journal in my game, I would like to have the Leader and Party too but I don't know how to add them, can you please do it for me?

I'm still lurking but i'm not really scripting anymore. I don't have rmxp righ now, and probably won't for a while.  I'll see if i can help once i get my life together.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.