Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Combine Status Screen and Equip Screen

This is for XP.

Basically, my game calls for one armour equip and three accessory equips. To simplify things, I'd like to completely get rid of scene_equip, and combine all of the information contained in that script with scene_status.

I have a mockup to clarify:
EquipMockup.png

If it's not self-explanatory enough, I'll clarify further. When you select a piece of equipment you would like to change from the window at the right top, which is active here, the cursor moves to the bottom window, where you cycle through that equipment to find what you need. The window at the left updates when the bottom window is selected to show the current stat as compared to the potential new stat. As a note, if it wasn't obvious, the bottom right window has one column.

I don't think that there will be any problem with these, but I'll let you know anyway~
Currently, I'm using Atoa's custom battle system, along with Atoa's Equipment Multi Slot script. I'm also using Theory's Greater Icons and Syn's Inventory Limits. I tried putting them here, but there isn't enough room in one post, so any and all of my scripts will be available on request.

This seems like a simple endeavour, but I've tried a few times and failed miserably. I'm horrible at coding, but still.

I'd be extremely grateful to anyone who could do this for me. Credit is given where credit is due, of course.

Atoa

I think you sould make the opposite: get rid of the status screen.

The equip_scene already have an window for status, all you would need is to change the size and add more info.

You can do that by using the New status add-on, the only thing that isn't added is the actor graphics, HP/MP bars and EXP. You can simply remove the diplay of the new status (evasion, critical rate, critical damage...) and add the actor actor graphics, HP/MP bars and EXP. With some small tweaking on the positions you can have what you want (or almost that)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.