Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Combination Entry (using non-alphanumeric characters)

Can anybody help me please? i need a script that for a stargate style teleport system. basically you enter a 7 digit password made using around 40 symbols and a portal is created that teleports people to another place when they step through the portal, the place depends upon the combination of symbols used. the script should allow a password entry using non-alphanumeric characters with multiple correct combinations with the teleport location being different for each correct one (preferably setup so that events can limit the number of locations, e.g to destroy portals or to prevent crossing onto a sererate world map). the password entered must use the maximum number of characters available (i.e an error in the password entry rather than an incorrect one). and i would like a way to have an item that automatically creates a portal to a pre-programmed destination without telling the player that combination

also if it is possible i would like it to have a way to have a database of combinations that the player knows or has learnt so that the database can be accessed through an event or the selection screen where selecting an entry automatically inputs the combination. the database should include a description of the location, the combination, a marker (for favourites, new and inactive/blocked)  and a quicklist of favorite and new locations

poccil

Sponsor

I need a little more information here, for instance:

- What exactly will be the symbols used?  It may appear easier to just use letters and numbers, as they are easier to understand and write down.
- The way I understand your request, the flow can be as follows:
1. Player steps on portal
2. Portal asks for combination
3. Player enters combination
4. Is combination correct?
YES - Take player to location according to password entered.
NO - Go to step 2
Or perhaps the event creates the portal instead of taking the player to the appropriate location immediately.  Please tell me which scenario is correct.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.