Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Collectables script (best name i could think of)

I've searched the existing script archive for this but alas to no avail.
So, now i have to explain what i want lol...i'll put it in the form of a scenario because i can;t explain it too well.

In the game there are 5 hidden ..things, let's say books for now. And in these books there are back storys for the games main characters containinginformation that you would otherwise not know. it is not important infomation but can reveal more about the story as a whole and the characters themselves.
So when you collect one of these books, it's stored in a seperate screen. The bestiary script screen is pretty much spot on for this. But instead of displaying information on an enemy it stores what book you have picked up and displays it's contents.

Now, i realise that this is probably really really easy, but i have no script experience and seeing as i couldnt even explain it without a scenario i don't think i'd have much luck.

I can't find the screenshot i found before of the bestiary, so you get an awesome picture i drew in paint to feast on xD
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i32/D ... tled-3.jpg[/IMG]

If at all possible could whoever (if anyone) ecides to help me with this script make it as easy as possible for me to understand and use, because im not the most intelligent person in the world.

As long as i can understand how to assign an item to go into the log book, how to change the title of it and how to change the information displayed i should be ok =)
I know how to add it to the menu screen, i think so that bit is ok. SO long as i know what scene im calling =)

Sorry if this has alreayd been done, but i did spend an extensive amount of time going through scripts and the Bestiary was the cloest i found, but i didnt understand how to use it and decided i wouldnt try and utilise it in the wya i wanted.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer me =)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.