Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Class Change and Weapon Type Change

I'm pretty sure this is where this goes as it is a script request. If not, please move this to the correct forum. Thanks.

As you can tell from the title, I am in need of a Class Change and a Weapon Type change script. For the first script, the Class Change, I need a script that allows me to change a characters class. I know this can be done with an event command, but, It doesn't work for my situation.

I am inserting a system in which Each weapon has a speicific level. The level assigned to it is the class that can use it ie. a lvl. 2 swordsman can use an Iron Broadsword, but only a lvl. 1 swordsman can use a light broadsword. Most weapons can be used with either 2 or the 3 classes. (My classes are Light Swordsman (lvl.1 sword+magic), Balanced Swordsman(lvl.2 more sword+less magic), and Samuri(lvl.3 all sword, little magic)) with 3 classes for magic as well(Combat Magician(lvl.1 magic+sword),Balanced Magician(lvl.2 more magic+less sword),and Mage(lvl.3 all magic, little sword)

Like earlier explained, each class has certain weapons that they can use. most of the weapons can be used by either 2 or all(3) of the classes. The ones that can be used by multiple classes are the ones that can change the Actor Class. Now, for example, if a lvl.1 swordsman is wielding a lvl.2 weapon, then after a while(the time depends on the amount of exp he needs to change class, [this is done by using a variable]), he will change his class to a lvl.2 swordsman. If he then weilds a lvl.1 weapon, then after X amount of exp, he will become a lvl.1 swordsman again. If a level one weilds a lvl.3 weapon, he will gain double the exp. and change to a lvl.2 twice as fast, but then lvl. up to lvl.3 at the normal rate.

Now, you are probably thinking, "so, what does this have to do with you needing a change actor class script when there is an event that does it for you?" Well, The common events that control the Actor class Changes, run for all 4 characters. Those actors get switched around and changed all throughout the game as they come and go. it would take a monsterous number of Conditional Branches to be able to check all of the possibilities for the Actor Change. This is why I need a script. Without it, I would have to design 9 common events for each character with every weapon in each common event with its own Conditional Branch. This is not possible considering I have over 100 different types of Weapons in my game(ie. Broadsword [bronze,iron,steel,mythral,light,dark,ect.] Longsword[bronze,iron,steel,ect.]

So, in the end I need a script that checks the actor, what weapon he is using, the level of the weapon, and the amount of exp. needed to change class, for all of the actors. You don't need to input all the weapons or anything (i have all of this info written down in my notebook for my game), but please, if you could use a comment block or line to help me be able to program in all of my weapons, weapons levels and characters, it would be very greatly appreciated. if you could make this script bypass the common events as well, it would be greatly appreciated.

Now, for the Weapon type change. This one should be a bit simpler. For those of you who have played Star Ocean 3, should recognize this system. I am using a skill to bond the power of an element to a weapon for the battle. (ie. Ice Sword, Fire sword, Air Sword) Once the battle is over the effect ends. Once again, I am in the same situation that I am in with my other request, and that is that the conditional Branches force you to select a character. This is just like the other one where i am using A Conditional branch for each type of Sword. When the skill is used in battle, it calls that common event. i have tried the equipment change, but you have to select a certian character and I need to to be so that it will apply for the user of the skill. That's it. This one should be much easier to deal with that the other request.

Thanks for all the help! (For further info, please let me know and I will be more that willing to help with your needs).

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.