Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Choose Your Character!

Hello, better scripters than me... (ie. anyone that can actually script).

I'm not sure if this will be simple or complex... It sounds simple for someone who knows how RGSS really works, but who knows.

I'm looking for a script for RMXP, and I would prefer not to have to use the SDK to make it work, because I'm using other things that aren't compatible with it.

What I'm looking for is a script that allows the player to choose which actor they would like to play as in the game. This will be done at the very beginning of the game. I need a window to display the actor graphics of the actors I set it to choose from and to give the player the ability to pick one of them.

I'd also like a screen to come up when they pick a character that shows the character's class, starting stats, and a description (that I'll enter in the script), that way they can see who they're playing as before they decide.

Hopefully, that is enough detail... If not, let me know and I'll explain more. I will love anyone who can help me with this FOREVER!

Hm... Well, I'll give it a try. It's not tabbed properly so it's difficult to read, but I'll see what I can do. Might be back for help with it. LOL

And okay, I won't love you, but how about an [Epic]-Five!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.