Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Choose Actor/Name Actor Script

Nolund

Sponsor

Hey all,

For the game I'm working on I'd like to be able change how the game settings are determined.

Many games allow you to choose the character and name of said character, and while RMXP has that option as well, I'd like to get a little more advanced than what is offered.

Part One: Character Selection
What I would like to be able to do here is have have a background and 2 character options that will rotate when a character hits the Arrow Keys. I would like for the one that is not chosen (in the background) to be black, like a shadow. I would also like for there to show the character's name on the bottom right-hand corner with a little description of the character. Players choose their character with the Enter button.

Part Two: Character Name Selection
Frankly, I think the default name selection screen is boring. I would like to change it. I would like to show the picture of the character that was chosen on the left-hand side, with the name selection window to the right of it, with a much smaller text box than what is normal.

Now, I'm not even sure if I need a script to get this result, and if I do not, that's just awesome. An idea of how to do it via events would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

dricc

Have a look at this script :
http://www.mediafire.com/?jmwynojj5mg

I am really sorry but i don't know the author of this script (this is not me !) .
He hasn't put his name in the code !
there is a mix of language :) english, spanish , french .. i hope you will understand how it works , this is not difficult . the setup is in the script called "Alek" (after "cache" at the beginning of the script editor) .

EDIT : OUPS , this script is for VX ...

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.