Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Checkpoint System [RESOLVED]

Any of you gamers out there remember Checkpoints in platformer games, where the game would auto-save at a certain point so that when you died, you wouldn't start at the beginning of the level, but would instead start back at that point?

Well, I want a script that will do just that, like in Crash Bandicoot, Ratchet and Clank, and Jak. If I just wanted the save menu to come up, I'd use an event set to "player touch" to bring up the save menu, but I don't want that. I want a script that I can use to save the game quietly and inconspicuously when the player touches an event.

So, basically, the player lands on an event, the event calls a script that saves the game without interruption (although possibly with a tiny "save" icon in the lower-left corner), and the player can go on to shoot some baddies.

The script must be SDK compatible, but I'll contact the scripter if I end up needing it compatible for other things later on.

I hope this doesn't sound too daunting.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.