Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Character Sprite Based Side View Script

Hey everyone. This isn't really a request for a script to be made. I'm just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction to find a script I used to work with.

I've been using RMXP pretty much since it came out, and recently I discovered a side view battle system that I thought was pretty cool. All it did was have your party appear along the right hand side of the background in battle, as their character sprites. When they moved to attack, they would walk up to around the middle of the map before their attack animation played, then jump back to their original position, like you see in a lot of rpgs. When they died, their character sprite would just disappear until they were revived. It was compatible with just about all other custom battle add ons, which was another thing I found cool about it.

I recently got a new computer, and I have lost this script x_x. My old computer is lying someplace in the basement and I can't find it. I was wondering if anyone knows about the script I'm talking about, and if they could link it/post it for me? I already searched the forum without any luck.

Hmm...I know what you're talking about too.....

I forget the site off hand..but it's from a Japanese scripter..Paradog I think? I'll have to look around in a few, someone else may post it before I get back though.

I'll confirm that....

It's Paradog's Battle System, pretty sure v2.58 is the newest one out now...if you want the american version, heres the link..I think the one Razaroic posted is in Japenese....

Just follow this link, download the demo for Paradog's CTB in the Demo spoiler, open up the RMXP part, go to the script and copy the (5) scripts underneath the 'Paradog' section, and in the 'Side-View battle' section, Delete, the =begin and =end.

http://www.creationasylum.net/index.php?showtopic=11827

Hope this helps.

i'm using rye's battle system it looks like paradog's battle system but imo it's a lot better; The enemies are charactersets to and the attack and magic animations are really lovely ;)

(you can find that script on this site)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.