Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[Character Name] learned [skill] in the same window

R P G

Well in my game, in order to learn skills, I have skill scrolls (items) which you use and THEN a character learns a skill. No character will learn a skill at level up.

Here's a screenshot of an example I have right now:

http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/1060/skillsyq4.png[/img]

I have the skill scrolls call a specific "Common Event" saying they learned that skill (it automatically closes the item window) and then just returning to the main menu screen. I can't make it so that it returns to the item menu screen.

What I would like someone to do is when I use a skill scroll, a message pops up right away without having the item window closed and say that [Character] has learned [skill]. Then just close the message box and you're still in the item window.

Thanks.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.