Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Character Generator for VX

I've seen this done for the Kaizer sets for RPG Maker XP.

I remember that it would allow you to pick a base, hairstyle, clothes, etc. It was basically a character Generator. anyways, in the end it would save a PNG of the finished prite sheet for you. I was wondering if I were to do the spriting, if someone could work with me together on this by doing the Scripting?

Basically, this is the format I wish it to be in. (It will be a separate program, not through RPG Maker VX)

You enter the program, pick which type of base you want. (They will be pre-set and the creators of each base will be asked first and given credit.) The style will be set up so that you can work on eight different areas. The VX Style is set up so that you must have to rows and four columns. You pick the section you wish to work with and then fiddle with settings such at hair, hats, skin color, eyes color, etc. Then, onces you're finished you can save current progress, back up and start on the next row.

This would keep going until the sheet is filled, or until the person is satisfied. Then there will be a 'Finish' button where you view the full sheet. When finishing it will automatically save once more. Then you simply extract the Sprite sheet from the system's dump folder.

I am again willing to create all the layers, clothing, etc. to get tis project started. Though, it would be fun if more people joined in to help contribute their skills to make the program usable to all members. It would be helpful to everyone here that is a VX User!

So, are there any willing Scripters out there whom will take up this job? And are there any available spriters whom are willing to use their time to create art for themselves and the community? I think this is a wonderful idea that should be worked on! It could be done if people work together!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.