Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Character Creation Screen

Hey guys.

I've searched for this, and it seems that it's never been done.  I have seen people talk about it, and how it can be evented, but I imagine that a script would do much more justice.

I'd like to use a Character Creation screen for the beginning of my game, so you can fully customize your character.  No... I'm not making an mmo.  If I was, I'd be able to script this don't ya think?

Features I'd like to see

- Hair style selection
- Hair color selection
- Face/eyes selection
- Torso, legs, and feet selection
- Torso, legs, and feet color scheme selection
- Weapon selection
- Class selection
- Name input

The screen can be scripted to look however you want, but if you'd like an example:

- At the top, you'd enter your name (The keyboard would allow you to type it as long as you have the cursor on the input bar)
- Under that, you'd have the name of the first class (probably warrior...) then, when you have your cursor on the name, you can press the action button to cycle through the classes.
- Next, you'd have the picture of your character. (Zoomed in would be nice, but it really doesn't matter.)  You can set the cursor on the hair and pressing the action button would cycle the style, then the face, with the same cycling deal, then the body.
- Next, you'd have another bit of text with the label:  "Hair Color"  Then when pressing the action button, you could cycle through it.
- Then of course, you'd do the same under that for "Body Color" 
- Finally, "Weapon Type"  When cycled, this would change the character image, so the player could see what each base weapon looked like.
(Sword, Dagger, Mace, Staff, Axe, Fist Weapon, Bow)  - Just examples...  I like interesting weapons. : )

Note:  The eye color would just be cycled as you picked a face... no need for custom colors there.

And at the very bottom, you'd have a start game button that sends you to the next map.  (or it can call a common event that transfers the player.  This might be easier edited for noobs like me. : P ) 

I thought this would be a great system for EVERYONE to use.  And the scripter would be famous, obviously. 
    (feel free to scream and yell if this was already done... you'd think it would have been.  It's something that dozens of commercial games use.)

Thanks, and obviously if this is scripted, I don't want it available only to me.  Everyone would be allowed to use it, given permission by the scripter obviously... (AND CREDITS!~)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.