Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Change Battler Location

This should be an extremely simple request.

Basically, I'm trying to use a side-view battle system, but the hero AND enemies use stationary battlers.  Now, I don't need a completely big side-view battle script, all I need is some way to change the coordinates of the hero battlers so that they are on the right side of the screen and not in the windows at the bottom.

I don't know how else to explain it so if you don't get it I can try to draw a picture =/

I assume you are using XP.
In Game_Actor, there are 3 methods that handles the battlers position.
screen_x
screen_y
screen_z
Only screen_x and screen_y are inportant here. Go into these methods and simply change the values the method returns. You can make a simple algorythm to calculate their position depending on their index, or use a case.
I can explain more if it's not clear enough.

Take care!
-Dargor

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.