Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Challenge for Scripters!

HI, scripters,

I'm looking for someone to write a few scripts for me to use in a game I want to
make. The scripts I need are more or less going to be used as mini games.

1). A Bowling script, (meaning like in the game bowling, as in megabowl, bowlplex, ect),
        i'm sure you won't need details as long as you have played bowling before you
        will get what I mean, if not, then check on you-tube for bowling video's.

2). A Pool script, (as in american pool, striped and dotted balls, ect,), shame on you
        if you don't know what pool is either.

I've had an idea on the pool script but i'm no good at scripting, my idea would be to use...

Use mouse pointer script, but change the pointer to a pool cue,
8-way directional script for rotation of the cue, or if one exists 16-way directional script,
I suppose the hardest part would be graphics of set of balls, the table graphics, things
happening in general as you pot a ball, like the movement of the balls when hit, and also
dificulty levels set with different players.

I really need these two scripts, I'm sure these will be a challenge for you scripters out
there, also, ofcourse your credits will be put IN-GAME, not in the end credits or on notepad
in a sub folder of the finished game.

Thankyou.

If you need to e-mail me for further instructions it's : deanpag78@hotmail.com

I'm certain that everyone that's looked at this request thought to themselves, "Dang, that would be a LOT of work."
The types of games that you describe are not well suited for a RPG game maker, or the genre itself.
It is certainly "possible", but not practical.
You might get lucky if a programmer sees a use for these for themself, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

If you really have to have these, I would suggest looking for a scripter that is willing to write them for a nominal fee...
Or looking at some other game engines that are more suited to this type of game.

Be Well

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.