Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

CBS Request

Dean

I'm taking a new approach to my games battle system than the previously requested card game.
The game will still require the use of cards, but on a more... KH: Chains of Memories note, combined with Megaman Battle Network.

Basically, you have the playing field, on your side there are 9 squares, as does the enemies side.
you can only play 3 cards each turn and you can only move by playing a move card, whether the card be a 'move x1', which allows you to move 1 space, 'move x2', which allows you to move 2 spaces, and so on and so forth.

First, the enemy chooses their cards and moving positions, ect. and is ready, next, after you've chosen your strategy for this turn, the battle plays out with how you and your opponent chose to move.

The deck system could remain the same as the last request I made, simply utilizing an item that is stored in the items menu called a "deck", which the player can name them self. Decks can simply be bought just like items at a store, so the player can really have an infinite amount of decks so long as he buys them, though there wont be that many cards.

Using a common event, when selecting the deck you are prompt with 'use', 'add', 'remove', and 'rename'.
Use simply put equips the deck. Add opens a new scene where you can select cards from your own collection to be added to the selected deck. CARDS ARE NOT ITEMS, they would have to be added into the script as its own class or something, each with its own graphic and description (this part can be left totally empty in the script as I will just add my own cards, graphics, and descriptions). Remove brings up the same scene but in the opposite. Rename simply renames the deck. XD

The Look
Its basically a side-view CBS. The battle background will involve a grid, so the script doesn't have to draw one.
When a monster card is played at the beginning the monster appears on your side of the map, possibly with an animation, probably not though. However, you can only have 1 monster on the map at a time.
At the start, you are asked to play 1 monster card out of a top 5 list, then are prompt with several commands which play out the battle.
Commands include 'Chose Hand' where you will be prompt to choose 3 out of your top 5 PLAYING cards and then be asked 'Play?' or 'Re-order' whereas "play" starts up the battle and "re-order" just takes you back to order your hand.
'Shuffle', now, the cards are set up to be viewed in sets of 5, so shuffling doesn't really have to involve a randomized 5 cards system, just a randomized set of 5, if that makes sense to you...
Thirdly, there is 'items', which, again in a top 5 card system, lets you use 1 item card. The disadvantage to using an item card is that it uses a whole turn. Most item cards will be simple potions and ethers, but the ones that affect your game will be explained below.

Card Types
Monsters: Monster cards are the first played in a game. When the battle starts up you will be asked to play 1 out of the top 5 monsters in your deck. You can probably just use the monsters in the database, I don't care. Whatever is easiest for you. I will be creating all the animated battlers and card graphics.

Attacks: These are your basic playing cards. Attack cards are: 'Attack', which simply put just attacks the enemy with a punch or whatever, no weapons or specials, 'Special', these cards will bring up a command window for whatever skills the monster has in the database and DO CONSUME MP, 'Weapon', these cards will be a labeled weapon such as a 'Steel Sword' card, and the monster simply attacks with that weapon.

Boosters: The cards will raise your monsters attributes, but only for the turn that you select them on or in some cases the next turn. Booster cards include: 'MP Boost', which raises your monsters MP so that a stronger special may be user or 2 specials, this is a booster that will effect the next turn, not the turn it is used on, 'Agility Boost', this card gets your monster to its destination and uses its cards faster. Other various cards too, booster cards are pretty self explanatory.

Items: As said before, item cards are not part of your played out hand. They are 1 card you can select and after choosing to use it, it initiates the battle. Item cards can simply utilize the items in the database, also.

Move Cards and others: As said before there are move cards which are labeled 'x1', 'x2', and 'x3, which is pretty self explanatory, they just let you move however many spaces the card is labeled.
Right now there aren't any "other" cards I can think of... So thats about it for cards.

The Rules
I'm hoping for a real-time battle system, where after you have chosen to initiate the battle, the clock starts ticking down from 10 seconds (or any set amount of time), and the moves just follow out from there. So basically you actually always have the chance to attack first, even if his move could have killed you, because you were there first and got to use your card first, you won. You win by simply killing all the enemy monsters. XD
You lose after you go through 3 monsters. That's about it. lol
When one monster dies, you are asked to play a new monster card, again based off a top 5 card system, and that monster becomes the new playing card.

I do hope this isn't a really big request, to me it doesn't sound like one but hey, I'm no scripter so I don't know.
If it is, please let me know so I don't wait around for days to get a reply only to be disappointing with a long-awaited reply saying its too hard. :P

Thanks again in advance! Any questions about something I may have left out, just ask.

NOTE:
I am willing to pay a fee for the script if it is necessary, but I currently do not have a paypal or anything of the sort. But I am working on it.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.