Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

CBS from Moding, Mixing, and Matching?

sargcj

Probably not the best Title, but here goes. I am looking for a battle system like Charlie Lee's CBS. But I want it a little more customized. I Don't want the bars on the right, nor a turn based style like that. I want an active timer and cool down put into it too. Where it would play like His battle System, but it is also somewhat active, similar the the bars in FFX-2.

Here is a picture of his battle System.
http://i24.tinypic.com/2lw3ynk.jpg[/IMG]

Where the arrows point will be 2 bars, on the left will be an orange-red like bar that will be the warm up bar. it will move faster than the Cool down bar, further on down under that character's name... They would be small and slim, but still able to be seen. For magical or special attacks they would take a little longer depending on mp cost and damage done. if a regular attack is chosen, then they will automatically attack if the cool down bar is gone. the cool down bar would be like the single bar in between attacks, similar to ffX-2. But this takes place after the attack, a normal attack will have the shortest wait. It is a light blueish to a darker bluish color, and is fast, but depends on the attack type that just took place until the character can next attack.

There are also a few things marked out on the menu, There will be one thing there called Abilities or Tactics.

http://i22.tinypic.com/2cycjs.jpg[/IMG]

This is a bit more descriptive of where the bars would be, And it is not turn Based any more. The battle characters will be the same, so will the rest of the layout. I do not want the character's face in the top right corner either.

The Enemy will work in a similar way, but they will mostly use regular attacks, unless they are a boss or something.

I also want an end of battle screen, where The character's name is in a tab like place on the top of the after battle menu, if they leveled up, it would say lvl* beside their name. you can use the arrow keys to switch back and fourth between the tabs to see the character's stats, and xp. You will either hit a button/tab that says close or just hit enter and continue the game.

If anybody is able to do this, they would never know how much I would appreciate it. If I had money I probably would pay a little for the work, but i am flat broke. If there is a battle system exactly like this, then please tell me, because I didn't see one.

I know that this would be some work, but if you are skilled in Ruby/RGSS I am sure you could Mod, Mix, and match some things together to make this work.

(If it was possible I would also like there to be a way to switch between wait and active, like wait would be Charlie's Battle System with a few customizations, and active would be this, but I think that that would be asking a little too much.)

The rarity of this happening is probably high, and I don't have high hopes, but if anybody is willing to do this or help with this, then I will be very appreciative!

Thanks
Sargcj

Other Notes:
If Possible I would like to be able to have up to 20-45 enemies in a single battle, and to have cut-scenes during battle too.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.