Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Cave Lighting

Good day, everyone.

In my side-project the player gets lost in a cave, and it's very dark. I am too lazy to event this, or maybe it can't be evented at all. I would like a script to make the screen dark, like almost pitch-black, and there is a light around the player(about 3 tiles)so he can see. Along the way, he finds torches on the walls, and he can light them up. So there would be a light around the torch like the player.

If the script could be activated with an in-game switch, that would be great. Also, I think that you could make it like Mr. Mo's ABS, like if you put in a comment "Light" then there would be a light around the event. You still with me?

I am not sure how to explain this further...please ask if you need mor information. Thank you for reading my post! To the scripter(s) who actually takes this request:
Thank you! You will be at the top, or near the top, of my credits list! (If this script was already made, then my humble apology, maybe I didn't use the Search button well enough...)

Once again, thanks for reading this.

Have a nice day,
~speedolphins

Well, if you ever feel like eventing it, Angelman has a nice and easy step-by-step tutorial to do these.
Try this and this.

You can set up the events and change the Screen Color Tone to something dark. Then for torches, turn a self-switch on when you light it with the light events on the next page.

Of course, this might not work well depending on how dark the screen is.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.