Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Caterpillar Script 2

I know there's already a script out there that makes your party follow you in a single file line, all schooly style, which is cool but I think is kinda corny looking. Anyways, I was wondering if somebody could make me a different version, where the party follows more like Shinning Force II style.

See the picture below...

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd28 ... shot13.jpg[/IMG]

If you've only got two members (party leader, and a member), then that one member will follow right behind you, but if you have 3 or 4, they follow you as pictured above.

When walking, they're usually 2 / 4 spaces behind you (so they're not right up your butt), but they all stop and come together in a respective fashion too.

Also, when you walk up, then walk down, they criss cross and get into their respective positions still.

I made something almost exactly like this on one map with nothing but events, but to actually set it up as a common event would be retarded.

Thx ahead of time for anybody daring enough to fill this request!

I am working on a Squad Based System, where you can control and setup up custom formations.

~ Caterpillar Standard Movement
~ Following within X tiles
~ Stay farther than X tiles
~ Build-a-Custom Formation, where you can set a formation like this, and the players will do their best to stay in that formation.

Additionally, you can customize them to open a message window as well. ;)

It won't be finished until the end of November though.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.