Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Can someone give me the hidden Script classes??

Hi..

I wanted to ask, if someone has the hidden RGSS Classes ( Tilemap, Autotile, Input..etc )..
I need them to rewrite them to lite-c ( to create a RmXP looking like game with a 3D Engine )..

I hope someone can help me here..

The problem is that the hidden classes are almost entirely in C++, and are contained within either the .exe or the .dll file, and most people here won't (or can't) extract them. Try looking up the rewrites you can find, like the FMOD audio module rewrite on the first page of Script Analysis, or SephirothSpawn's Tilemap rewrite.

Raku

Any word on this anyone? Does anyone have an implementation of the RGSS hidden classes that would be sufficient to allow Marshal.load and Marshal.dump on the rxdata files from normal Ruby scripts outside of RMXP?

The reason I'm wanting to do this is because I'm writing an importer/exporter for the .rxdata files from/to text files (probably YAML) so that they can be easily versioned without conflicts. This would allow groups of developers to easily work on the same game remotely!

Raku":3lz4pend said:
Any word on this anyone? Does anyone have an implementation of the RGSS hidden classes that would be sufficient to allow Marshal.load and Marshal.dump on the rxdata files from normal Ruby scripts outside of RMXP?

The reason I'm wanting to do this is because I'm writing an importer/exporter for the .rxdata files from/to text files (probably YAML) so that they can be easily versioned without conflicts. This would allow groups of developers to easily work on the same game remotely!

Please avoid necroposting in the future. In regards to loading .rxdata and .rvdata files outside of their proper project, this is not the way to go. Yes, the hidden classes can do that, but it isn't their purpose. Instead, look up vgvgf's table rewrites, which he claims can allow nomal ruby projects to load the files. (Which, by extension, could probably be ported over to whatever language you need)

Raku

Glitchfinder":1relrvdy said:
Raku":1relrvdy said:
Any word on this anyone? Does anyone have an implementation of teh RGSS hidden classes that would be sufficient to allow Marshal.load and Marshal.dump on teh rxdata files from normal Ruby scripts outside of RMXP?

teh reason I'm wanting to do this is because I'm writing an importer/exporter for teh .rxdata files from/to text files (probably YAML) so that they can be easily versioned without conflicts. This would allow groups of developers to easily work on teh same game remotely!

Please avoid necroposting in teh future. In regards to loading .rxdata and .rvdata files outside of their proper project, this is not teh way to go. Yes, teh hidden classes can do that, but it isn't their purpose. Instead, look up vgvgf's table rewrites, which he claims can allow nomal ruby projects to load teh files. (Which, by extension, could probably be ported over to whatever language you need)
Sorry if I did something bad posting on this topic.

With regards to loading .rxdata/.rvdata files outside of RMXP/RMVX, why is that "not the way to go"? I've successfully been able to do it with the classes and this allows me to version all the game data. Now entire development teams can work in parallel on RMXP games, even the data. That's pretty useful if you ask me.

For more info, see here:
Rxdata Versioning Utility

Best,
Raku

Raku":26eze3a2 said:
Glitchfinder":26eze3a2 said:
Raku":26eze3a2 said:
Any word on this anyone? Does anyone have an implementation of teh RGSS hidden classes that would be sufficient to allow Marshal.load and Marshal.dump on teh rxdata files from normal Ruby scripts outside of RMXP?

teh reason I'm wanting to do this is because I'm writing an importer/exporter for teh .rxdata files from/to text files (probably YAML) so that they can be easily versioned without conflicts. This would allow groups of developers to easily work on teh same game remotely!

Please avoid necroposting in teh future. In regards to loading .rxdata and .rvdata files outside of their proper project, this is not teh way to go. Yes, teh hidden classes can do that, but it isn't their purpose. Instead, look up vgvgf's table rewrites, which he claims can allow nomal ruby projects to load teh files. (Which, by extension, could probably be ported over to whatever language you need)
Sorry if I did something bad posting on this topic.

With regards to loading .rxdata/.rvdata files outside of RMXP/RMVX, why is that "not the way to go"? I've successfully been able to do it with the classes and this allows me to version all the game data. Now entire development teams can work in parallel on RMXP games, even the data. That's pretty useful if you ask me.

For more info, see here:
Rxdata Versioning Utility

Best,
Raku

I'm sorry. I guess I wasn't being very clear. I meant that using the hidden classes to load .rxdata and .rvdata files in a ruby-based project was not the way to go. (As in, load them outside RMXP or RMVX) This is because Enterbrain's eula forbids the use of the RTP (of which the hidden classes are a part of) outside the programs mentioned above.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.