Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Can someone add to this script?

This isn't my script, but I'm using it for my game. Is there a way to add to this or change so that it works in fullscreen without dropping out of fullscreen and then playing?

The script is below. Basically what I'm looking for is to be able to play the avi file while the game is in fullscreen and have the movie also fullscreen.

I don't think soundspawn is still around, but if he is I know he was working on the fullscreen feature a while ago. I'm not sure if he fixed it.

Please help... My game is looks good with the way it is, but would be better with the enhancement of fullscreen.

Thank you in advance,
Firestalker

Code:
class Scene_Movie
##Copy this into a new section of your game. 
##To play a file, move the avi file into a "movies" subdirectory (yourgame\data, 
##yourgame\graphics, yourgame\movies). 
##Then call "Scene_Movie.new(filename)" where filename is your movies actual filename
## (minus the .avi).         exp Scene_Movie.new("???")
## If you want to play multiple movies in a row 
##(for example before the game starts, maybe a "developed by", "produced by", "intro movie"
## set or something... Go to the "main" section of code and find the line "$scene = Scene_Title.new". 
##Just after that line add:
##CODE
##Scene_Movie.new("dev_by")
##Scene_Movie.new("pro_by")
##Scene_Movie.new("intro")
##$scene = Scene_Movie.new("intro",8,false)assuming the filename of the intro movie is "intro.avi" and it's 8 seconds long.
##class Scene_Movie
 def initialize(movie)
   @readini = Win32API.new 'kernel32', 'GetPrivateProfileStringA', %w(p p p p l p), 'l'
   @movie_name = Dir.getwd()+"\\Movies\\"+movie+".avi"
   main
 end

def main

game_name = "\0" * 256
   @readini.call('Game','Title','',game_name,255,".\\Game.ini")
   game_name.delete!("\0")
   @wnd = Win32API.new('user32','FindWindowEx','%w(l,l,p,p)','L')
   @temp = @wnd.call(0,0,nil,game_name).to_s
   movie = Win32API.new('winmm','mciSendString','%w(p,p,l,l)','V')
   movie.call("open \""+@movie_name+"\" alias FILE style 1073741824 parent " + @temp.to_s,0,0,0)
   @message = Win32API.new('user32','SendMessage','%w(l,l,l,l)','V')

@detector = Win32API.new('user32','GetSystemMetrics','%w(l)','L')
   @width = @detector.call(0)
   if @width == 640
     fullscreen
     Graphics.update
     sleep(1)
     Graphics.update
     sleep(1)
     Graphics.update
     sleep(1)
   end

status = " " * 255
   movie.call("play FILE",0,0,0)
   loop do
    sleep(0.1)
    @message.call(@temp.to_i,11,0,0)
    Graphics.update
    @message.call(@temp.to_i,11,1,0)
    Input.update
    movie.call("status FILE mode",status,255,0)
    true_status = status.unpack("aaaa")
    if true_status.to_s != "play"
      break
    end
    if Input.trigger?(Input::B)
      Input.update
      break
    end
   end
   movie.call("close FILE",0,0,0)
   bail
 end

def bail
   if @width == 640
     fullscreen
   end
  end
end

def fullscreen()

$full.call(18,0,0,0)
 $full.call(13,0,0,0)
 $full.call(18,0,2,0)
 $full.call(13,0,2,0)
end
$full = Win32API.new('user32','keybd_event','%w(l,l,l,l)','')

Actually it's not..... There is a Resolution Script that can make the video play while in Fullscreen, it makes the game play with in the top left corner with a black screen around it. Rather annoying.

You play the movie and then go into fullscreen [using ALT + ENTER], but that cause the movie and game to flicker horribly.

I have put the most recent version of this script that I have been able to find into my game and it does not support Fullscreen. It still cause the game to go to windowed mode before playing then back to the fullscreen when it's over.

There was a script out there somewhere that claimed to allow fullscreen, but it didn't. It was an edit of the above script that made the movie ONLY ABLE to play in fullscreen. Meaning if you wanted to play the movie in Windowed mode it would give you an error.

Trust me I have tried a lot of work arounds. I have pretty much resigned myself to living with my game in windowed mode. Unless, that is, someone can make this script allow the movie to play FULLSCREEN [not send the game to windowed first].

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.