Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Call common event with a script

I would like to know how to call a common event using a script instead of using the call common event common so I can use it in a menu Im making. If someone can tell me how, plz do. I know its not a huge request and probably would only take around 10 minutes to do. thank you! (maybe only around 2 to 5 minutes)

Edit: I figured that out, now I need how to close the menu so it goes straight to the event. So if you can help me make it so the menu closes when hitting the option in the menu, thanks!

Well...you want a command in the menu to close it(like $scene = Scene_End.new)? And then you want the map to jump to an event?
Or the menu to go to an event? I don't understand that...
Could you please explaine it a little more detailed?
And is it on purpose that your sig is written in wrong grammar?:D

What you just gave me probably is what i need. All i need is for it to close then menu because ive already got it so it calls the common event. Ill try what you gave me and if it works then, thanks.

Edit: I just want it so that when i press enter on option 3, it closes out of the menu and goes back to the game. When it goes back to the game it'll run the common event, which I've already got, so if you know how to make it close out of the menu? Thanks

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.