Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Blood Splatter effects request

Im looking for two scripts that work with the XAS ABS system

Script Title:
Cut scene before main menu
RMXP.
Detailed Description:
For this one should be simple i want to be able to play a cutscene after the splash and before you hit the main menu. Maybe via making a Map with a auto run event then once the scene is over it goes to the main menu, then after X amount of time will replay if the player hasnt touch anything.
Screen shots:
Imaging moving sprites before the main menu pops up
Other Scripts I am using (in order):
Im pretty much using the XAS along with the NEW Particle system.

Script Title:
Blood splatter and gore... oh my
RMXP
Detailed Description:
This one need to be compatable with XAS ABS. One you hit a enemy or the player gets hit, or the enemy npc hits a ally npc or visa versa blood splatter all over the ground and stay there for X amount of time then goes away
Screen shots:
Think of zombie movies
Other Scripts I am using (in order):
Im pretty much using the XAS along with the NEW Particle system.

Thank you!

He's trying to have an effect that, as you said, will have an animation, but then the blood will stay on the ground where it landed for X time.

But sorry, I'm of no use. Maybe just making an animation, making it run everytime you get hit, and then adding a bunch of extra frames at the end, so the blood stays?

You could use my New Event Methods, to create a new event with blood graphic. Make the event wait x frames then erase itself or fade out using opacity.
The advantages of using an event is that you have more control. You can for example, play a sound effect when the player steps on the blood, make him leave bloody footprints, heal enemies that step on it, etc.
You can make the event select its graphic at random for variation. There's a blood splatter charset included in the demo (credit to zanzyzora).

You're right, if you keep creating events the game will lag, or even run out of tiles for new events.
Have you tried the demo? At first, I made the fireballs in a different way- they were all the same 5 events. It caused a bug so I ditched the idea, but it is the best way to go. I can limit the user to 300 new events, and when possible 'recycle' an erased event instead of making new one. (20x15=300 it's the number of tiles on RMXP screen)
and I'm way off topic ^^;
I wish I could be of more help.. it's a nice feature to have in a game.

Yea i tried the demo, even though about using it, just gotta make a event in each map just for Blood alone. Unless there was a edit that would call the event from another map much like XAS system could help a bit

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.