Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Blogs are Installed

ccoa

The blogs are installed and running. Only subscribers, sponsors, staff members, and members of the RRRB are currently allowed to start blogs, although everyone may view and comment on public blog entries.

And I just found out that vBulletin 3.7 was going to include a built in blogging feature, too! ':| Ah, well.

There are still a few glitches I am working out, but it is functional and it isn't going anywhere.

ccoa;265155 said:
Only subscribers, sponsors, staff members, and members of the RRRB are currently allowed to start blogs

Hmm I don't think that's true. It let me create one:
http://www.rmxp.org/forums/blogs/viewblog.php?userid=45

I'll delete it in a few minutes I was just looking at the features and such before I read your post.

Edit: Deleted the blog, but the setup your own blog still appears for me, so I could still make one if I wanted.

ccoa

Probably because you did it while I was still updating the usergroups. It shouldn't be possible for registered users to create blogs.

Mea

Just finished playing around with mine a bit and I like it so far, but have a question - is there a way to add categories besides "Main Category" I tend to use mine like a scratch pad and if possible, I'd like to be able to group entries by what project aspect they refer to.

Oh, and the "Gallery" part, I haven't tested it yet, but will that be enabled for uploads or no?

ccoa

On the left, under Blog Manager, you should see 'Manage Categories.' That should allow you to create a new category.

As to the Gallery, I have no idea. I haven't really gotten that far yet.

ccoa

Okay, the gallery function only works if we have a seperate, compatible gallery plugin. Which we don't, and I'm not considering adding one at this time unless the demand is overwhelming, especially since most of the compatible ones are not free.

However, it's supposed to also work with any attachments you've added to your posts, so long as a thumbnail can be generated.

ccoa

Subscriptions are pretty cheap, help keep this place running, and last forever.

And if you can't do it, join the RRRB! They seriously need the help, anyway.

Kraft

Sponsor

Oh... I was looking around on the Manage Blocks page, and it was said;

Random Gallery Images
Displays random images from your gallery uploads. See "Recent Gallery Images" for details.

I was looking around for the button... but I guess you just answered my question ^_^

What were you saying about the Attachments, and the automatic Thumbnail thing?

ccoa

Supposedly, and I have not tested this, if you have attachments uploaded to any of your posts, then they will be displayed in place of a gallery so long as a thumbnail can be generated.

The blogs are installed and running. Only subscribers, sponsors, staff members, and members of the RRRB are currently allowed to start blogs, although everyone may view and comment on public blog entries.

You said it wouldn't happen :(

*Heads off to blogspot*

Will this launch public in the near future? I was using that Zoint thing to host a resource request workshop and I'd Like to get that back lol. Anywho, yay progress. Onwards and upwards~

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.