Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

BGMs Transition Script Search [Resolved]

Yeah, um... I know there was a script somewhere that allowed BGMs to transition into battles (like what Master of the Wind does), but I don't know where to find it.

EDIT: I should probably mention that this is for XP. Darned kids and their VX and their PS3s and their...

Atoa

Just go to the "def call_battle" from "Scene_Map" and delete the line "$game_system.bgm_stop".

I wonder why the hell EB added this line on the code, since after that the battle bmg start to play, so thare would be no need for stop the current music...

Atoa":3t6rims6 said:
Just go to the "def call_battle" from "Scene_Map" and delete the line "$game_system.bgm_stop".

I wonder why the hell EB added this line on the code, since after that the battle bmg start to play, so thare would be no need for stop the current music...

Tried it. Didn't seem to work. Is there something else I'm supposed to do?

Dachimotsu":39xqfa6q said:
Atoa":39xqfa6q said:

In addition to what Atoa said, you must also delete the line "$game_system.bgm_play($game_system.battle_bgm)". This line tells the game to play whatever battle BGM you have set in the database.

Also, if you don't want to hear the sound effect when entering a battle, delete the line "$game_system.se_play($data_system.battle_start_se)" This line tells the game to play whatever battle start SE you have set in the database.

Does this solve your problem? Let us know if there is anything else...

If you're trying to get the BGMs to fade into each other, it's unfortunately not going to happen. The default RMXP Audio class does not include any handling for fading out a piece of audio, which means that there is no real way to transition between two different tracks. If that isn't what you were after, being more specific about exactly what you want would help. (Since not everyone has played MotW, myself included)

XeroVolume":3taycinj said:
Dachimotsu":3taycinj said:
Atoa":3taycinj said:

In addition to what Atoa said, you must also delete the line "$game_system.bgm_play($game_system.battle_bgm)". This line tells the game to play whatever battle BGM you have set in the database.

Also, if you don't want to hear the sound effect when entering a battle, delete the line "$game_system.se_play($data_system.battle_start_se)" This line tells the game to play whatever battle start SE you have set in the database.

Does this solve your problem? Let us know if there is anything else...

Yup! That did it!
Thanks a bunch!

Atoa

Oh yes i forget one thing: you must not leave the battle bgm = none, you must simply make the battle bgm equal the map bmg via events.

That way you can have battle bmg when you want (link in bosses for example).
if you remove "$game_system.bgm_play($game_system.battle_bgm)" you will have to change the map bmg on battles wich you want specific music. wich will make an strange effect when the battle end, the battle music will continue after the battle end ME.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.