Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Behemoth's Projectile ABS Script

Status
Not open for further replies.
Behemoth's Projectile ABS Script
Give Credits to Behemoth

Description
A real time action battle system containing lots of cool features. Editing tool included.

This is a One vs Many ABS script, meaning the only enemies the bad guys target is you, the player. There is no use for Skills in this script so they are taken out. Weapons can shoot multiple shots up to 20 bullets at a time if duel weapon is on. Any events can be triggered when shot. In the event of too many bullets/events on screen, the game will detect it and prevent the choppy frame rate. Bullet Time can bring the game speed to 0.1 * normal game speed and no lower. You can also make many types of weapons and ammo types by using the editor to make unique weapons. Wall hugging is also a feature so you can peek out around corners quickly and take out your enemies before they see you. The Minimap is a bit custmizable, you have the option to turn it off if you want like many other options. There is an on screen HUD to show the player's health, bullet time points, ammo, combos and a quick switch weapon menu. All which can be enabled or disabled through the games settings.

Features

* Fast paced bullet action
    * Several ways to create many types of weapons
    * Voice sets for enemies
    * The volume of SE's are relative to the player position
    * Explosions
    * Bullet Time
    * Dodging and Wall Hugging
    * Enemy A.I. that can see and hear everything that occurs.
    * Minimap
    * HUD displays
    * Editing Tool with many many options

Installation
Place script file above Main and below every other script.

Concerning The Adding of Other Scripts
This script adds alot to the orginal default scripts for rmxp. So before you start thinking you can add whatever script you want on top of this, you better think again. If the script overwrites any methods concerning the character's, Event's, Game Player, or the Game Map or Scene Title, or even the spriteset for the map then there's definitly going to be a problem. If the script you are trying to add is using alias's then it might work....and I stress the word might. Scripts that change your message box for dialog or your main menu are completely fine and should be added without any problem. So I just want to remind anyone that uses this....that adding scripts intended to change the default scripts for rmxp may result in errors, so find scripts that use aliases.

Screen Shots
--------------
JUST TRY THE DEMO

Links
--------------
http://www.sendspace.com/file/unuu4z

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T4Q7V9RQ

Holy crap. I nearly missed this script, as well. This is the best script (and the simplest) I have seen on RMXP.org. Congrats to you, Behemoth. I must keep playing that demo! I can't quite get past the training room when you get a gun, and theres about 10 of them.

awesome script, I love the dodge feature, it would be cool if the mouse could control which way the player is looking and WASD could control the way the player moved, like in pc games (maybe mouse 1 could even fire, and maybe mouse 2 dodge)

also where can you slow down the speed at which enemy projectiles travel?

prepe

OK, This is awesome! It is the best abs yet! :thumb:
A couple questions tho,

1. I am trying to make it where if you are on certain terrain tags then, the enemy has to be closer to see you, Like if I was hiding in the shadows! I'm using terrain tags 2-7. If terrain tag 2, enemy must be a little closer to see the player, then 3, a little more closer, 4, even closer ect., but if you are on terrain tag 7, then the enemy must be like 1, or 2 squares away. I got the stealth meter working, but the way you have the enemy's set up I cant make it work like that. Can you or anyone tell me how I would go about it?

2. I want it so if I put the dead enemy's in the shadows, then the patrolling enemy's have be closer to see the dead ones to, but using terrain tags 5-7. So if dead enemy is in Terrain tag 5, enemy must be closer to the dead one to detect, If in 6, even closer, and if in 7, right next to dead enemy, to see the dead enemy!

I hope you can understand what I said, If not think of it kinda like splinter cell. You hide in the shadows, You don't get caught, and if you put the dead people in the shadows, you don't get caught ether!

Thanks, and keep up the good work! :smile:

Could someone please help me?

I have tried to chance hero, like i would like to play with hero 2.

But there is no images to hero 2, so can i play with the hero 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.