Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Battle with small stats

pmhoa

i never tried to battle with monsters before on RMXP but when i tried my character had STR 30 and ATK 5 and enemy had 0 def, but i still did only 15 damages on it. I'm looking for someone who could change the system a little bit.

1st. Each Str gives 1 damage, and each ATK stat gives 1 damage too. (so if Str is 40 and ATK is 20, alternetive damage is 60)

2nd. Pdef and Mdef decreases damages by percent(1 def is 1% damage reduce, 5 def is 5% damage reduce, and 80 def is 80% damage reduce and 100 def is no taken damage at all).

example. if my Attack deals 200 normaly, and enemy has 50 def, i will only deal 100 on that enemy, or if it has 10 def then i'll deal 180 on that enemy.

3rd. Actor cannot get more then 250 str,dex,agi,int, 800 HP and 300 sp

i wish some one could do atleast that 3rd one, because i really dont like battles with big numbers. They are too complicated xP

actually you could do this by yourself... it's REALLY simple. I could do this for you but it will take a while since I have work quite alot. I'd like to know a few things first though:
Normally any damage varies a bit, except for skills which have no varyance at all (you could change that in the database), now, do you still want the damage to vary or keep it to an exact amount everytime? And what about the defending? When an actor or enemy defends any damage taken is halved.
Mhm... did I forget anything? Maybe, in case I did, I'll let you know!

pmhoa

actualy i tried to change it myself too but when i come into battle it says something about error or something lol

do you still want the damage to vary or keep it to an exact amount everytime?
well not really, that would be boring xP

And what about the defending? When an actor or enemy defends any damage taken is halved.
im using Trickster's Advanced Individual Battle Commands so Defend is only one character's specialty :)

pmhoa

yes,

Power = ignores def

normal Attack damage = Str+Atk

skill damage = (choose stat to effect) + Atk + power

(if its possible could you do this as well?)

Bow Attack Damage = Dex+Atk

thank you for taking your time on this :)

I don't have internet acces atm because my Notebook needs to be repaired. I have no idea when it'll be back to normal again, so please e-mail me a detailed description of the skill damage algorythms cause I have no idea what you mean with 'power' and 'choose stat to effect'

I'm sorry that this is taking so long.

take care!
Viv

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.