Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Battle System

I know that this is surely easy to do because the sample game dragoness edge 2820 use something like this but basically what i need is a simple way to use Database animation for every pose of the battle like we were able to do in RPG 2k3

Sample:
Enter the battle -> member 1 -> animation in database 26
Wait for turn -> member 1 -> animatin 27
etc....

so does anyone think this is possible to restore this cool function of rm2k3 or this is to hard to make?

-------------------------
Ho I forgot to mension if it's possible to make the script For the VX RPG MAKER... thanks

I know what he's talking about. Basically, he wants an animated battlers system that uses animations set up in the database for the characters instead of spritesheets.

That game Beyond the Veil also did this for character attacks, but I never figured out how. It was easy enough to do in RPG Maker 2003 though.

Skie Fortress":cpd9qhet said:
I know what he's talking about. Basically, he wants an animated battlers system that uses animations set up in the database for the characters instead of spritesheets.

That game Beyond the Veil also did this for character attacks, but I never figured out how. It was easy enough to do in RPG Maker 2003 though.

Yes that is exacly what i want to do. Use animation setup in the database for every pose of a battler (Attack, wait, run, etc...)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.