Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Battle System with Endurance

Lycosa

Hey all,

I would like to use a modified standard battle system, but I don`t know how to use RGSS, so I hope someone can help me with this.
The standard battle system should be modified like this:

- Any attack does first damage the SP of the target. When the SP reach 0, the HP are damaged.
(The SP is the endurance of each fighter, if he has endurance left, he can evade attacks, but when he is out of breath, he can be hit.)

- The order "Defend" in battles should be replaced with a button that lets the player toggle the evasion of the character. If evasion is off, any attack will damage the HP, but the character can save his SP (e.g. for skills). That switch doesn`t require a turn to use, it just toggles it the character should evade any attacks.

- Each turn, SP of every fighter (both enmies and heros) are refilled by 5 % of the maximum SP of the fighter. Once ths SP reach 0, the regeneration stops. When the players uses potions or so to restore some SP, the regeneration should go on.

- Some weapons or skills can`t be evaded, they do direct HP damage.

- A count above every enemy shows how much SP he has left.

- If a certain weapon is equipped, it costs SP to use the standard attack.
(Because the weapon is so big, it is exhausting to use it.)

I know that`s quite a lot, but I hope that it`s not that difficult to imply in the standard battle system and that someone wants to help me with this or write this script for me (thanks a lot!).

Lycosa

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.