Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Battle Music Mod

Sion

This is something I've been thinking about for awhile. I hope you don't mind DerVVulfman, it was a glance at your interactive music request that gave me the final piece of the puzzle.

From what I know, I'm guessing this script won't be particularly time consuming. However, it may require a little more knowledge than your average script.

What I want, is for the player to be able to choose what battle music plays at the beggining of each fight. This is more than just choosing from a list of music that I've put into the folder. No, I want the player to be able to use any music they have. I'd like this to mean the player can browse through their music and pick a song, but if it you can only work it so they have to import it into a game folder and choose from the music in there that would be fine too. It would have to be a seperate folder or one within the normal music folder however, to stop their music being mixed with the music for other parts of the game.

There's more, and this is the part DerVVulfman gave me the idea for. When a game switch is on, I'd like the system to check the overall health of the party as a percentage against the over health of the enemies as a percentage. When the party health percentage is higher or equal, play the song the player picked. When it's lower, the system should play the song which has the same name as the battle ID. For example, during battle 001 the song that would be played would be called 001.

Oh, and one last thing. All sound effects for attacks and such need to be changed to MEs, so the music doesn't play at the same time.

If anybody can spare some time to whip this up for me, I'd be grateful.

Thanks,
Sion

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.