Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Battle "enemies" from actor database

tuti05

I've already searched for the script/events and couldn't find it so......

I'm requesting a script OR event system that would make it possible to battle "enemies" from the actor data (like battling Aluxes or Basil) instead of battling from the enemies data.

To elaborate further

1.Able to set the enemies level - Because i am using more than 80 enemies, making separate versions of them in the enemy data can be a mess

2.Able to set random encounters on maps the original Rmxp way (from map properties) - The only way i can imagine that to work is to make a script that could take the name from the enemies troop data -Aluxes- and then relate it to the name in the actors list so then you would end up fighting Aluxes from the actor data

3. Go into battle against actors from the battle processing option in events - The same idea like number two,

Things i don't need but sure you will have questions about. (Q&A)

Q1. item dropping
Q2. troops (having more than one enemy in a battle)

A1. It would be nice to have but i found ways around that. In my game when you see an enemy charset on screen rather than a random encounter, that would be the only time to get an item and of course that would just be eventing on my part.
A2. I just wasn't planning on more than 1 enemy at a time. My game doesn't need it really.

Closing remarks: By the way i am using Minkoffs animated battlers but only the graphic overlay system part so its not a CBS. I just hope this script or eventing system isn't too ambitious as it sounds. :thumb:

tuti05

Yeah the main reason i want this is to change the enemies levels so the stats change exactly when i want them too with out having to make a different copy of them and changing their stats

tuti05

Yes! thats all i need really, lol i guess i didnt have to make that complicated request. whats the name of the script so i can find it or if you can pm it to me that would be great.

I can make you a link if you want and the only thing i didn't told you is that in the script if you make this (the one i'm using)

(5=12)
5= ID of map
12=level of monsters

The script makes this 12-2=10 and 12+2=14
So the level of the monsters will be between 10-14 is it ok for you?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.