Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Battle animations always at screen center

lurk

Hi all, I have a small request. I need a script to make the player battler's hit target animation to always play a the center of the battle screen, and the enemy battler's attacker animation to do the same. Thanks !

Huh? Do you mean to play the attack animation on the screen center?
Go to animation and chose postion: screen for it...
There is no script needed.

Hope this helps.

~Dalton~

lurk

Thank you so much for pointing it out, that'll teach me to pay attention! :down:
!!!
Edit: I still have a small problem though. My battle screen is 640x480, so the centered animation is appearing too low. I can't find the script line where I could modify the 'center', so that it would appear a bit higher, or, even better the z layer of the animation could be above everything.

lurk

I tried (unsuccessfully) to find the battle animation script, so I could look at the values. I would only need it's z to be above all battlers, regardless of their side. Right now, a party attack will always play under the party battlers. It's really driving me crazy, anyone?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.