Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Battle Addon Script

I'm not entirely sure whether this would be considered a battle addon, or whether it would be a menu thing. I hope I do this right. Anyway, I want it so when a character learns a skill, it's added to his list of skills like it normally is, but to actually use that skill in battle he has to equip it. Each character can only equip six skills at one time, and the skills that they have equipped are the only ones that will show up during the battle. If that isnt clear enough, I have some poorly made mock screens below. Thank you soooo much for whoever helps with this!!

heh don't say that till i manage to get it to work or not. what I'm doing right now (which could very well change by the time i'm done) is assigning each spell to a type aka thunder = elemental, heal = healing = guard = defensive, then assigning a class to 6 spells aka fighter = 3 weapon skill 2 offensive spells 1 defenive spell
and that's all they can have active at any point in time. and keeping the regular skill scene from the menu active for using spells out of combat.
only the equipped spells would show up in combat and the script will be easily editable for which types of spells classes can use and what type each spell is. If that's too much or too little let me know, I'm going to finish ti anyway cause after you brought the idea up i want it in my game, but don't mind making it something else if that's what you want.

sorry i haven't been around just got a job offer in a new city so have been packing and moving, I'll be there in a week and will pick it back up then, if you want to try and find someone else to do it in the mean time that's cool, either way i'll post it when i get there and finish it.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.