Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Batman: Arkham Origins

Batman

Sponsor

I've been keeping my eye on this game for a VERY long time. So here it is! The teaser trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tq9bKYfyM-o

What do you guys think? It is being developed by a different team than it's predecessors but I don't think that will affect gameplay TOO much. They've had access to all of Rocksteady's code and what not. WB Games Montreal did work on Arkham City: Armored Edition afterall.

Jason

Awesome Bro

It's been developed by a different team, and neither Kevin Conroy or Mark Hamill are voicing their respective characters... I don't want it.

Batman

Sponsor

Eh, to each their own. I'm willing to bet it will be awesome. They changed voice actors so that Batman and Joker could sound younger, which is fine by me.

I'm sure the non-Batman fans will care a lot about the team/voice change...as for the Batman fan, it's still going to be another amazing Batman game, and I'll buy it regardless.

I'm glad that there are many different versions of the Batman and his enemies eg. Christopher Nolan, Tim Burton, Lego Batman, Beyond, etc. As opposed to just Kevin Conroy/Mark Hamill all the time.

Jason

Awesome Bro

That's not why they changed the voice actors... well, atleast not Mark Hamill, he already said he's quit Joker, as in, he's never doing anymore voice overs as him... so they've had to find a new voice actor... even in Injustice: Gods Among Us, the new voice actor just sounds so off...

... And I AM a Batman fan just so you know, sitting beside a Batman wallet, a Justice League poster on the wall, and Earth One and The Killing Joke are on the desk beside me... wow I sound so nerdy saying that, but yeah, I'm a Batman fan, but because of it being a different developer (This is never good to be honest), and different voice actors, I'm not buying it... I'm very OCD about these things, lol.

Cool trailer. It'll be interesting to see if they take it in a new direction. Speaking of which, did you guys hear about the steampunk batman they were trying to make in 2009?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X73Jhx0rM4

biyu

ssnig.png

Batman

Sponsor

Yeah Conroy got a bunch of people confused when he said he was appearing in the new Arkham game, apparently it's not this one o.O wtf lmfao

Also you should checkout the new full length CGI trailer if you haven't cause it's AWESOME.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pnK8akbd2M

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.