Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Basic HUD Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks. wow yea i should have seen that mistake.
now iam gettin a line 29 error plus you seems to know alot could you tell me how do i get a npc to say the actor custom name?

Bagginhard;169170":1gh4t202 said:
iam gettin a line 29 error
A little more information would be helpful. Just telling me what line number the error occurs on will not solve the problem. Tell me the exact error code (screenshot it) and the text on the error line, then I can fix the error.

the error is undefined method.
the problem is just a typo:
Code:
alias finishg_hud_update update
he put finishg instead of fishing.

wow, iam smart your right toriverly. i need looking at this for a almost a week now and didnt see that typo. what would i do without yall. thanks again.

is there a easy way to line the word "fishing" (line 13) to line up with the games variable ($game_variables[1]). also is there away to make it appear and disappear on a button command?

now iam going to try to make it show more then just fishing skill. could you tell me show to make a screen shot.

khmp

Sponsor

I know its a tad too late to be posting something like this. Still, can you guys please stop littering Yeyinde's tut thread with RGSS (Script Requests/Support) questions? Post those into the appropriate sections. Thanks.

RGSS Support - I need help with something.
RGSS Script Request - I need something.

@danpantry : You have too many "end"s. You probably pasted it and left an extra end. But I'd need to see the script as you have it, to be certain. Create a thread over in RGSS Support if you're still interested.

I am using rmvx.
I followed your tutorial just like you said..

But when i finished i did not know what to do??

Do you just click apply and ok and then test play??

or do you have to save it or do something else?

what do i put for the x y coordinates for

draw_actor_hp(actor, x , y )
draw_actor_sp(actor, x , y )

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????//
i have no clue waht to put for the x, y and idk what those are?

Its the xy locationon the screen in pixels from the upper left hand corner
you know like the IV grid quadrent except that its +,+ and not +,-

EDIT:

Oops. I should have just put it past the 'last' end of the HUD script. :P
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry if it's necroposting but I did it successfully eons ago and am returning to RPGMaker XP... and kinda stymied by this issue. Alrighty. Here's my code for this HUD. (as directed) -- but for some reason I keep hitting an

Script 'Window_YourHUD' line 31: NameError occurred.

undefined method 'main' for class "Window_YourHUD::Scene_Map"

And this is in the same script as my HUD script below everything and before the last 'end'

(would the 'end' bit be causing this?)

class Scene_Map
(line31) alias yourhud_main main
alias yourhud_update update
def main
@yourhud = Window_YourHUD.new
yourhud_main
@yourhud.dispose
end
def update
@yourhud.update
yourhud_update
end
end

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.