Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Banjo Kazooie/Animal Crossing Style Voiceover

This would be for RMVX

Addendum: What if it used a simple script that will call up the system to play the sounds ahead of time. That way the system doesn't count the words, but plays X number of sounds based on how how many I assign in the $command code? There could also be a variable to play a lower or higher note sound at the end of the string of sounds (and again, the system doesn't have to manually change the pitch, making separate pitch sounds myself is easy enough.)

If this is technically impossible that's ok, but I'd like to request a script that auto-generates voices on the fly from a group of pre-selected sounds. It's probably easiest to show than to tell, so check out this vid for an example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnA_6I4y ... re=related

Basically, there are two/three sounds per dialogue that are then altered pitch-wise and played back in the game. I know in RMVX you can change the pitch of sounds, but I have a feeling that being able to use that in-game and not have it lag/crash would be a problem, so failing that, I think a system that just plays a set of 6 sounds at different points would be best (2 unique sounds at normal pitch, the two at +50% pitch and the two at -50% pitch).

Lastly, the system would play a specific pitch at the end of sentences. Words ending in a period would play the -50% pitch, words ending in an exclamation point would play the normal pitch, and words ending in a question mark would play the +50% pitch sound.

Why don't you try wave pad? You can record your voice and then play it backwards. It is not exactly what you want, but it is a suggestion. It could be an OK substitute.

Besides, this seems pretty complicated. It seems like a bit much. Like, I think every letter or syllable wold have to have a variable and that would call for an enormous amount of variables on account of the English language. However, that's just my opinion. Best of luck to you! ^_^

What if it used a simple script that will call up the system to play the sounds ahead of time. That way the system doesn't count the words, but plays X number of sounds based on how how many I assign in the $command code? There could also be a variable to play a lower or higher note sound at the end of the string of sounds (and again, the system doesn't have to manually change the pitch, making separate pitch sounds myself is easy enough.)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.