Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Backpack and Chests!

For your item list i will change it to inventory...

I was wondering if there was a script for wieght
EX : I can only hold so much, if i can't pick up anything else, Message :"I can't carry anymore..."

and if there is a way to set up a drop feature so you can free up on wieght!
EX: Broken sword, drop to pick up Glass Sword!

also a feature to store items in certain places that can hold items...
EX:You have great items with you, and you can't carry anymore... find a chest or a crate or something and you can pick what to place where...

if you return later you can pick it up if needed and it will always be there...

this would be handy not only for me, but for others as well... im not making and MMO or anything... just my game will need this...

OS

Sponsor

I'll do this. It'll be easy. I'll have it done by tomorrow. Before hand, you should back up your game in case I don't script it to your liking. Peace!

EDIT:

Okay, I didn't try very hard, so it may not be perfect. Also, it is untested. Try it out and tell me what you think.

EDIT2: CODE OBSOLETE == DELETED

To assign a new bag, use $game_party.bag = id, where id is the index of the pack in OSI::PACKS. The default Bag is PACK[0], which can hold 10. Use the WEIGHTS hash to assign weights to items. I hope this helps. If you find a bug, lemme know and I'll see what I can do to fix it. Peace!

Okay since i posted and then i saw the edit now...

here is what i got... i started it up... then...
it was fine...
opened menu... and went to equip...
i selected the bronze sword...
error upon pressing the button...
line 95!

something about the interger...

i did set up the game bag call... with and without... i got that error...

edit:
Actually i tried more in the time...
but good thing i caught you now...

the Item, Weapon, and Armor at the bottom i w a they are causing errors!
i can only get 1 potion then error!
i can't hold any weapons!
armor is the same as weapons!

OS

Sponsor

Really? Checking out the script now.

I found the problem. When I have some more free time I will write a better version. It will be a bit bigger, but it should be bug free. Peace!

OS

Sponsor

I already implemented Storage, btw. It was called Container.

I guess I forgot to mention it was there. Also, dropping is already in the Default scripts. You can use a Common Event to ask the player if they want to use the item or drop it, or I can add the option.

I am looking in the scripts section now, cuz I thought someone already did this. Peace!

EDIT: Here is Trickster's Equipment Weights.

http://www.rmxp.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10406&highlight=Weight

I don't think it affects Items. If not, lemme know, and I'll see what I can do. Peace!^2

haven't got around to tinker with trick's yet... but can i still get the storage script to use...

and i still would love to have the Drop added to the item menu instead of a straight action!

thanks!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.