Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Autotile Expander

This is a program that I created to expand an autotile into all of its possible configurations.

Example:
gr000grass02.png

Becomes

breeze.png
Instructions:

1) Download and run AutotileExpander.exe(Link at bottom)

browseq.png

2) Browse for an autotile image(96x128) and hit "OK"

expandn.png

3) Click "Save" and choose a name to save the file as

Download: Click me!

Glitchfinder":y1fkwuez said:
If this is for RMXP, I would like to note that you can expand an autotile simply by double clicking on it. However, that is not an option for VX.

I'm aware of that, but I don't use RM so this is more convenient for me.

DarkSpartan4":3nd1gypw said:
Glitchfinder":3nd1gypw said:
If this is for RMXP, I would like to note that you can expand an autotile simply by double clicking on it. However, that is not an option for VX.

I'm aware of that, but I don't use RM so this is more convenient for me.

That would make it a bit more convenient, then. Still, I thought it would be worth pointing out.

boon

Sponsor

Regi":1gsuioh5 said:
Well, it's certainly useful if you wanted to break apart an autotile into tiles to incorporate into a tileset.

This the main purpose for the program, as the engine we are using to create a game doesn't support autotiles.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.